Monday 16 June 2014

A work of heart








'Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.'
Pablo Picasso 

This afternoon, I left Charlie with his Dad, exploring the Tate Kids website, whilst I went to the library to stock up on art books. I found a good selection.

Meanwhile, Charlie enjoyed the Tate website, particularly the games section.

 
When I arrived home, I found Charlie deep in concentration, working on an observational drawing of a crisp packet. I think he must have remembered Emily Gravett's description of how to do an observational drawing in her talk yesterday. 



After completing this picture, Charlie immediately looked for something else to draw and decided on the kitchen clock.


He spent the rest of the evening drawing different objects - including us - then went to bed and read the art books from the library until he fell asleep. He told me, before he fell asleep, how happy it made him to draw.

Tomorrow, Michael is going to take him out to buy some cheap art supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment